I’ve got LOTS left on that renovation list and it’s RALLY WEEK, people! 😳 Yeppers, it’s the second-to-final week of the SPRING 2021 JEFFREY COURT RENOVATION CHALLENGE and I would be completely lying if I said I wasn’t ANXIOUS 😑 I’ve been diligently working on this half bath space every day [except for Sundays] for five weeks now and somehow there is still so much to do!
Since last week’s blog post update, I have been intently focused on the half bath’s accent wall = starting with the installing of the first rows of that beautifully-BLUE Jeffrey Court tile. Then once I got the tile up to the mirror/sconce lighting area of the accent wall, I had to hit pause on the tiling and start obsessing over the location/placement of said interior items, and this is where I get super anal-retentive as an interior designer.
This is also a time in the renovation process that feels like a “Catch-22” to me because I am ultimately making more work for myself . . . but there is only one way I know how to re-route electrical and that’s by cutting into the drywall in multiple places . . . so HUZZAH! 🤪
Which now that the electrical is rerouted and the location of the mirror and sconces has been figured, it’s time to get to remedying the damage I had to cause . . . see why it feels like a Catch-22??
And now to focus my attention to all the OTHER remaining tasks . . . like installing the tile as wainscoting throughout this bathroom space! Wish me luck, color loves! I’m definitely going to need it this last week!!!
It will take major will power, all my time and possibly some miracles to finish by next week 💥 please, please, PLEASE don’t forget to VOTE by clicking here!
Half Bath’s Renovation List:
- Remove remaining wallpaper debris.
- Sand & repair for new wallpaper & wainscoting.
- Decide the height of your wainscoting & RedGard the walls up to that height.
- Install new Jeffrey Court tile as wainscoting & grout.
- Hang new wallpaper.
- Caulk around seams.
- Remove remaining tile debris & old subfloor.
- Replace with new subfloor & Hardie Backer.
- RedGard the entire new surface.
- Install new Jeffrey Court tile & grout.
- Build a platform for your vintage 1928 cast iron pedestal sink.
- Prep accent wall & new platform with RedGard.
- Install new Jeffrey Court tile on the accent wall & pedestal sink’s platform.
- Install said pedestal sink & new sink hardware.
- Buy & install a new 12″-rough toilet.
- Reroute sink area’s lighting electrical.
- Install new Sazarec Stitches hand-painted sconces.
- Change out those blah-ful beige switches & outlets with bright, white ones.
Other Design Details:
- Spray paint original bath fan and floor grate with brass spray paint.
- Install brass hardware [i.e. – toilet paper holder, towel rack, etc.]
- Hang artwork.
- Accessorize for additional quirk!