Tile has been delivered! That’s right, color loves = most of my supplies for the SPRING 2021 JEFFREY COURT RENOVATION CHALLENGE are officially here!!
[please click here if you missed last week’s special announcement]
Which means that your color-loving queen is ready to share my mood board for this half bath I’m renovating into a swanky-yet-whimsical powder room for said challenge.
And by “ready to share,” I basically had to because I don’t have a whole lot else to update you on as of yet . . . other than it’s more than time for me to put on my big girl britches, rip-off that grieving band-aid and get back to renovating this once-on-my-radar bathroom space – starting with replacing its oh-so-beat subfloor . . .
Because no one knows better than me that a room isn’t going to renovate itself – DO THAT DANG WORK, y’all! 😉 And please don’t forget that voting starts today!! 🙏🏻
Half Bath’s Renovation List:
- Remove remaining wallpaper debris.
- Sand & repair for new wallpaper & wainscoting.
- Decide the height of your wainscoting & RedGard the walls up to that height.
- Install new Jeffrey Court tile as wainscoting & grout.
- Hang new wallpaper.
- Caulk around seams.
- Remove remaining tile debris & old subfloor.
- Replace with new subfloor & Hardie Backer.
- RedGard the entire new surface.
- Install new Jeffrey Court tile & grout.
- Build a platform for your vintage 1928 cast iron pedestal sink.
- Prep accent wall & new platform with RedGard.
- Install new Jeffrey Court tile on the accent wall & pedestal sink’s platform.
- Install said pedestal sink & new sink hardware.
- Buy & install a new 12″-rough toilet.
- Reroute sink area’s lighting electrical.
- Install new Sazarec Stitches hand-painted sconces.
- Change out those blah-ful beige switches & outlets with bright, white ones.
Other Design Details:
- Spray paint original bath fan and floor grate with brass spray paint.
- Install brass hardware [i.e. – toilet paper holder, towel rack, etc.]
- Hang artwork.
- Accessorize for additional quirk!