So D’s birthday was on Saturday.
And since we were headed to Vegas to celebrate “42” for the weekend, I decided to give him a little party at home on Thursday night.
I might have out done myself . . .
First off, I want to preface this by saying that I looove birthdays [seriously] always have and hopefully always will. They were a big deal in my family. Plus, another year in your life SHOULD be a regularly celebrated occasion. It’s better than the alternative, right?
Anyway, Thursday night went exactly according to plan.
One of our awesome yoga instructors, Heather Bashore, is also a highly sought after massage therapist, so I hired her to give D a 90-minute [at home] deep tissue massage. And while he was being pampered, I was in the kitchen, whipping up one of D’s favorite dishes: Paella. Thanks to the über helpful tips I received from head chef Jon Palsson and afternoon taste tester, Ashley, the dish came out perfect. So after his massage, we ate supper and then D opened his gifts. This is where I maybe went a little too ridiculous:
– A vintage Jimmy Buffett vinyl [“Songs You Know By Heart”]
– Three pairs of socks: Palm Trees, Anchors, and Pirate Skulls [D loves socks.]
– A custom-ordered “A Pirate Looks At Forty” canvas by the TEKSTartist [individual post coming soon!]
– Two Bottles of Pinot Noir
– A “Music” Wooden Ship personalized by Snyder Art and Design [Individual post coming soon!]
– “History of Surfing” Hardcover Book [from my parents]
– A Raspberry, Chocolate Ganache “Happy Birthday Darrell” Cake
So, yea, after writing all of that, I can definitely see I MAY have went a tidbit extravagant.
“A capacity for going overboard is a requisite for a full-grown mind.” – Dawn Powell
What can I say? D has made my life so full of happy – I guess love just causes you to be a little excessive at times 😉