HaPpY [almost] Memorial Day Weekend, color lovers and fellow ORCers 🌈 my name is Jenna Pilant [puh-lawnt] and if you’re new around these color-loving parts 😉 I am a San Diego designer that specializes in creating one-of-a-kind [non-trendy] COLORFUL AF furniture and interiors for both me and my clients. You can learn more about myself, my rainbow-tastic life and design/upholstery background by clicking both here and here. AND if you’ve also missed the progress I’ve made thus far on my Spring 2020 ONE ROOM CHALLENGE, you can get yourself up to speed on our FORMAL LIVING ROOM by watching the following videos from my YouTube channel:
⬇️ Week 1’s Episode ⬇️
⬇️ Week 2’s Episode ⬇️
The really great news thus far on my ONE ROOM CHALLENGE is I am right on schedule to finish this FORMAL LIVING ROOM space by its June 25th deadline 🙌🏻 especially now that the fireplace mural is complete! Thus, it’s time to move onto the next project . . . which you probably figured is the 1970s circular sofa . . . but since I’m still waiting on the delivery of that particular project’s fabric 😅 I had to move onto something else and that project was creating a disco ball coffee table 🕺🏻 ENJOY!
Week 3’s Episode
AND if you like Episode 32, it would be very kind of you to support my small business by subscribing to my YouTube channel = ROOM BLOOM 🙏🏻 as I do the designing, most of the grunt work and ALL of the camera work/video editing myself. Please join me back here next week as I finally start the re-upholstering process on that 1970s circular sofa for my ONE ROOM CHALLENGE space 🕺🏻 I’m going to take you through its entire transformation step by step, so stay tuned for those videos!
Jenna Pilant’s ORC Spring 2020 To-Do List:
- Remove and donate old ceiling fan to Habitat for Humanity. ✅
- Paint the ceiling and walls a bright, inviting white. ✅
- Disassemble old security alarm sensor above master bedroom door. ✅
- Prime/paint interior wood windows. ✅
- Install new window shades. ✅
- Clean & repaint the inside of the fireplace’s firebox. ✅
- Prime/paint the top wood portion of the fireplace structure. ✅
- Install the fireplace’s art installation. ✅
- Tear down and reupholster the 1970s circular sofa.
- Create a one-of-a-kind coffee table. ✅
- Remove wallpaper and demo countertop in built-in bar area.
- Install new bar countertop.
- Prime/paint the built-in bar’s wood.
- Tile the built-in bar’s backsplash and sidewalls.
- Create or source additional artwork for living room’s walls + additional decor items.
- Install new ceiling fan.
- Photograph the entire completed space.